6 tips to help you keep your money safe this holiday season
The festive season is usually synonymous with endless queues at ATMs and the banking halls around the country, and the quickest fix to avert these scenarios is to consider online banking.
With these tips, you can be safer when performing your financial transactions via an ATM, a mobile app, an internet portal, or other digital means. Let’s dive right in!
- Avoid clicking on links click on links from untrusted sources to visit your account, instead visit www.polarisbanklimited.com directly by typing it into your web browser.
- Make sure a web page is secure when entering any personal data. A secured page’s URL will start with https:// instead of http://. If this is not seen, all data is not secure, and anything you enter into the page could be intercepted and read by someone else.
- Polaris Bank will never request for you to send personal information such as passwords over email or text. Never send your username, password, PIN, account information, debit card numbers, etc.
- Be cautious where you log into your bank. Ensure no one is watching. Look around your surroundings and ensure you have adequate private. Also, avoid logging in from public computers such as in internet cafes, where you would not have control over hardware security.
- Create a strong password that cannot be easily hacked. The best way to achieve this is by making it long and a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. Remember never to write your passwords down and never you the same password for multiple accounts.
- Set up account notifications so that you are quickly alerted of any irregularities and suspicious activities on your account.